In the office, payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements are made in advance with the office manager. Should you be hospitalized or undergo a major procedure, you will be billed for any balance unpaid by your health insurance. Our fees are based upon computer lists of area fees provided by the insurance companies, so we believe you will find our services not only of high quality, but also of reasonable cost. In the event that you have no health insurance and are faced with medical bills beyond your means, our office manager will be glad to sit down with you and work out a payment strategy. We accept Medicare. That means Medicare will pay 80% of all approved fees. The other 20% and your deductible are due by you after Medicare has made its payment.
At the time of service you will be provided with an itemized and coded receipt acceptable to all insurance companies for payments made. For cash payments, please request a receipt from our staff at the time of request.
PAYMENTS RECEIVED AT HOME
Occasionally, reimbursements may be mailed by your insurance company directly to you to cover balances owed to this office. Please endorse the check and forward it to us.
If you find you have financial problems, please contact us. If we do not hear from you after three warning notices, your account will be sent to a collection agency. Also, should we receive notice from your insurance company that a payment has been received by you for our services, and it has not been forwarded to this office, you will receive one warning before your account is turned over to collection.
Should difficulties arise with your insurance company, contact our office staff to assist you. However, you should understand clearly that it is your insurance policy. The responsible party for all payments is you, not your insurance company. By all means, maintain adequate health insurance for your protection. Review your plan to determine its policies in advance of your visit. Obtain and bring with you referrals if they are required for your plan. Make sure you have obtained the authorization for enough visits.
WHEN TO CALL
Usual Office Hours - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. / 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
WHEN TO CALL WITH QUESTIONS
Please call during business office hours, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Be sure to leave your phone number and when and where you can be reached. Dr. Beitman attempts to answer non-emergency questions at the end of the business day. We try not to interrupt office visits. We greatly appreciate your consideration in saving your calls regarding medications, inquiries regarding a friend or relatives welfare, or minor health problems until working hours. (Please be aware that we generally do not release information about a patient to anyone without the patient's consent). Please call at the beginning of office hours should you suspect that a visit to the doctor will be needed.
IF YOU ARE IN AN HMO
Having Dr. Beitman as your primary doctor, please make sure that you tell whoever answers the phone to which HMO you belong. All HMO's require that you see only a covering physician who is affiliated with that HMO. Your plan provided you with a list of such doctors. They generally will refuse to pay for services rendered by doctors not affiliated with their plan.
IN THE EVENT OF A LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY OR ADVERSE DRUG REACTION
If you have heart pains or difficulty breathing or bleeding, Dr. Beitman cannot help you over the phone and you may waste valuable minutes calling him. Have your local rescue squad take you directly to the emergency room of the nearest hospital where the equipment necessary for life-saving action is available. Tell them Dr. Beitman is your doctor, have them examine you and then ask that they contact Dr. Beitman or his covering physician with your condition.
Space in the office schedule is safeguarded every day for your emergencies. Please call at the beginning of office hours should you suspect that a visit to the doctor will be needed. On the weekend, the answering service can reach Dr. Beitman in the event of an emergency.
IF THE DOCTOR IS AWAY
Dr. Beitman arranges for a qualified physician to be available to respond to your call. The office and answering service will give your number to the covering doctor so (s)he can call you.
back to top
|home | about
us | services | office
policies | insurance | contact us
|609.465.2112 - 15 Village Drive - Cape May Court House, NJ 08210|
Robert G. Beitman
: Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology,
Geriatrics. Colon & Esophageal Cancer Screening.
website by Acoustic Design copyright © 2005